It's been such a long time since I posted anything here. Stevie, beloved girl that she is, emailed me a week or so ago to say she missed my blogs, and although I've thought about a gazillion things I'd like to say here (and have a thousand or so pictures I'd like to post), I haven't taken the time. And I should, for I LOVE reading the blog posts (and seeing pics) of my loved ones, and maybe, just maybe, you all might like to see mine.
 |
| Dad in Lower Antelope Canyon. Amazing! |
I'll write more about these two incredible photos on another blog, for I don't think any of us have THAT much time in one sitting. Mom, Dad and I were blessed to be able to do a trip together following one of the best reasons to take a trip: Michael's graduation from the University of Utah!! The whole trip was more awesome than I can begin to describe in mere words. I wish Danny could have joined us for the post-grad part of our trip.
These two pics are not enhanced. Yep. That's what this amazing bit of heaven-below-earth looks like. Lower Antelope Canyon is a slot canyon near Lake Powell (Page, AZ). I haven't yet counted how many shots I took. Between Dad's camera and mine (well, 'mine'= my brother Mike's... a nice, expensive Nikon with a nice, expensive, heavy lens), we have hundreds. Sometime I will post more. Including the tiny crack in the earth where we entered and climbed down!
We loved every moment of our few days with Michael and Corey to celebrate his graduation. And Corey graduated two weeks earlier with her law degree (BYU), so we had much to celebrate, and they are on the cusp of beginning a whole new chapter of their life together! I wish so badly that we could spend more time with the two of them... AND with the five (soon six!) Edwards darlings in Juneau!
 |
| I love this photo! SO thankful Mom and Dad could be there! |
 |
| Post-commencement lunch. Can't remember the name of the italian restaurant we love across from Trolley Square. Anyone? Corey's cousin Scott joined us, which was awesome! What a great day it was... |
 |
| Michael and Corey are so cute together-- definite lovebirds. It does a mother's heart good to see such love and happiness... I wish the beauty of the mountains showed up better in this picture. Gorgeous! |
 |
Proud parents, proud wife, happy-to-be-done graduate! :-)
|
Oh my! Those pictures of the canyons are BEAUTIFUL! I wanna go there so bad! And yay for mike and corey on their schooling! Glad you are back!
ReplyDeleteStevie, you are so awesome. Words can't possibly express how much we love you. Thank you for your comments, support, love, and laugh (your laugh is famous)! And sorry we didn't get to see you on that graduation trip. It was very much a quick, whirlwind watch-Mike-graduate-and-then-leave trip that we wish could have been longer with a visit to see you!!
ReplyDelete