Monday, March 28, 2011

Water torture

Nope, that's not me on the left. And that's not me on the right, either!
I wanted to write a post about what has become a torture session that I actually sort of look forward to: Water Aerobics class on Mondays and Wednesdays (8:15am) at the pool on base here.

Picture this: a former nationally-ranked (for 14 years!) German gymnast who pushes us, her water aerobicizers, to well beyond our LIMITS during the entire 60 minutes of each and every class.

Every day I want to cry, and whenever her back is turned, I rest my arms or legs for just one delicious moment before she turns around to yell at me for not keeping up.  The other day I swear that we had our arms outstretched with no break for 15 minutes straight before she let us rest. Youch!

Before every class, I dread the torture I know we'll be subjected to, but by the time we are doing our final stretches, I always feel like I just accomplished a feat as remarkable as... climbing a 14er or running a 10K WITHOUT STOPPING TO REST!  So I keep coming back.

I'm scared of Patina, our instructor, even though she is super nice AFTER class. But DURING class?  Oh my.

After enduring Patina's endless 60 minutes of endurance training, I'd better lose my angel-wing arms and cottage cheese thighs!

4 comments:

  1. That would be awesome if I could join you. For if I was going to go through torture with anyone, I would choose you.

    Jamee
    xoxo

    P.S. Now you know that you can do hard things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh ooh ooh! Can I come, too!? Please please please!? I will distract Olympic Patina with my laziness so that you can secretly rest. And then after class we can take a nap. Deal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessie is on to something here. Stand next to someone that isn't as good as you are, then it will look like you are even more fabulous than ever! If that's even possible, cause I am pretty sure you are already as awesome as they come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I want to come too!!! I Wiggle and Jiggle all over the place I will keep everyone distracted!!Then we can go out for hot fudge sundaes

    ReplyDelete