Friday, November 5, 2010

What a beautiful autumn in Colorado!

I absolutely love this time of year, and it's wonderful wherever we've been through the years! Being back in Colorado during autumn has been great, especially now that we know Danny's got a good job starting in a few weeks in a great place (more on that in my next blog)... and since the weather has been so wonderful. 

Danny's been thankfully working with Duane and Lori's brother Rob with some remodeling projects, and I've been helping Mom and Dad with apple picking, baking, gutter-cleaning, leaf-blowing/raking/bagging and other jobs that happen this time of year. I love to be outside this time of year when the sun's shining like it has been. And I swear my cold is almost gone because I've been outside...

This was a fun day with Dad-- After I used the leafblower (THAT'S a fun toy), we filled nine bags from the front yard, and now so many more leaves have fallen that I think we will likely fill at least another nine! (And the piles I've made in the backyard haven't been bagged yet... I'm curious to see how many bags those leaves fill) Even with the leafblower, it's very time-consuming work, but the weather makes it a joy instead of a chore...



My Captain Moroni! (we couldn't find a helmet or sword or shield, dang it)



Danny was the master of ceremonies for our ward's Fall Festival the night before Halloween. I was plagued by a rotten cold that hit hard and fast, so I stayed behind at Mom and Dad's to rest and to keep everyone else from getting sick. We're indebted to Ellen Runyan for loaning us the Roman soldier tunic and sandals!




2 comments:

  1. Oh I love Danny's costume!!

    Could I send my kids over to your place to help with the leaves? They would be in HEAVEN!!!

    Jamee
    xoxo

    Have our prayers been answered? Did you say job in a great place??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come!!!!! Soon, dahling, soon....

    ReplyDelete