Saturday, October 30, 2010

You're going the right direction!

One more thing about my rainy/rainbow walk to the gym...

The wind started blowing pretty hard during my walk, but I was fortunate enough that the wind was at my back, not in my face. And I had my hood up, so although my jacket was drenched, I was warm and dry underneath it. 

About halfway through my walk, I passed a pair of exercising women who were being pelted in their faces by the wind-driven rain, and one of them said to me, "You're going the RIGHT direction!" 

We laughed and went our separate ways, but since I was already contemplating the wonder of my double rainbow, still bright in the sky, I found her words echoing in my mind... "You're going the RIGHT direction!"



It's easy on the warm, bright, sunny days to feel that all is right in the world. Counting our blessings is a piece of cake on a sunny day. But in life, it sometimes rains on the just and the unjust, as the scriptures teach us and as we all experience occasionally. 

On those stormy days when the wind is blowing the pelting rain painfully onto our exposed faces, it's nice to realize we are walking in the right direction.  And if we have to walk into the wind, we have the chance to turn around and let the rain hit us on our backs, relieving the pain and bringing us warmth. For although the same rain and wind are hitting us and drenching our clothing, our faces are protected from the buffetings around us. 

And we know the rain won't last forever.  The sun will come out again...
...and it will bring yet another rainbow...

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful that you are full of so much inspiration at this time and are sharing with us! I feel that we can learn from you and your attitude during this trying time in your life...the trick will be applying it to my own life!

    Jamee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete