Sunday, October 10, 2010

Grandpa Danny


(Sometimes one word says it all...)

I have a hard time expressing myself.

In my head and heart, I have important things I'd love to record forever so my posterity will really know ME. But my curse (and yours!) is that I'm way, way, WAY too long-winded. I hate that.

I admire those of you who can just express your beautiful thoughts briefly but so poignantly and perfectly! Maybe that's why I write such lengthy letters/emails/posts and why I talk so annoyingly much.  Because I'm trying to say what's in my heart.

My heart is full, my gratitude profound, and my frustrations might be relieved if I could just write what's inside instead using words that don't quite fit when my time or resources are limited.

We're in such a weird and difficult situation. But the realization that we are so blessed is helping us to recognize that this trial is... well, it's OKAY! We desire SO deeply to be settled with employment, having me finally working on that elusive masters degree, and living in our own home, feeling that delicious sense of PERMANENCE!  Will it ever happen?  Oh I DO hope so, and we both pray it will be SOON! But Heavenly Father's will be done. Above all else, let us be in tune with His will. And let us trust in Him with all our hearts.






I love my husband. So very, very much. What a wonderful, good, upstanding, faithful man he is!!  I loved watching him with our kids while they were tiny, then small, then bigger.. and I still love watching him with both of them and now with their wonderful spouses. I pray I won't ever forget my memories of him as a dad.

And I love witnessing him as a grandpa!  Too often I've had to enjoy our grandchildren without him at my side. So I really appreciate the times I get to see him in that wonderful role. Here are a few glimpses of him with them... I wish I could capture EVERY interaction between them!  I guess I'll keep trying to do just that. :-)

Reuniting with Abby and meeting baby Ethan

At the playground after Grandpa's run

Better than a pony ride!

Mendenhall Glacier 2010

One of my very favorite pics...
I miss that huge, ugly chair! We could squeeze quite a few of us onto that chair... :-) Perfect for reading stories, tickling and the simple joy of cuddling little ones...
(Jess, you DO have it still, right? In storage? Never get rid of it...You'll someday have room...)
Buddies... Juneau, Feb 2010
So nice to meet each other! Gpa Danny and little Stratton, Feb 2010

4 comments:

  1. Firstly, we sold the chair. Please don't disown me.
    Secondly, you are NOT ANNOYINGLY LONG WINDED! You're not even mildly long-winded. You're delightful and have the gift of being able to converse with anyone--and that is one of the gazillion reasons why everyone who knows you loves you!
    Thirdly, I like watching Grandpa Danny with his grandkids, too.
    Lastly, I also like watching Grandpa Danny's wife with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandpa Danny is also an awesome UNCLE Danny.


    I miss you guys.
    Sheesh.
    Jamee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. I just want to be within 3000 miles of somebody. But I did like the way you expressed yourself, Laurie. And I loved the sign, but I can't tell which one is unstable and which one holds things together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to say that you two look so young in the pictures, they could be your children -not grandchildren. They are so blessed to have such amazing grandparents.

    ReplyDelete