Monday, January 31, 2011

Speaking of snow...

Even though it's cold tonight, it's so beautiful outside. It's so cold that each snowflake still holds its magical crystal shape, and the snow-covered world sparkles in the light of the streetlight near my parents' house. (I'd take pictures, but they wouldn't look like these snowflakes really look... and it's way too cold to go back outside. Sorry...)
                                             
I have wonderful memories of sledding and playing in the snow as a kid.

I remember cold winter nights when my siblings and friends and I would bundle up and go slide down the middle of the street until we saw car lights approaching, and then we'd hide behind a snowy bush or tree so those in the car wouldn't see us, and then, once they passed, we'd hurry back out to the street to 'skate' some more. Then, when we got too cold, we'd go inside for hot chocolate. Good memories. I wish every kid could have happy winter memories like ours. I'm glad our kids and grandkids do!
(This, by the way, is one of my favorite pictures...)
(So is this...)
(and this...)

2 comments:

  1. I have good college memories of the snow in Rexburg!
    If it is cold, there might as well be snow. We don't get much here in Reno-but when we do the world stops and everyone enjoys it to the fullest!!

    Jamee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Jamee! And speaking of Rexburg, Mike and his roomies made a couch-sled from an old DI couch ($10)and old skis. Their entire FHE group used it all winter and I have some fun pics I should post here. Maybe I'll do that... thanks for the idea, James! :-)

    ReplyDelete