Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Squaw Peak...perfect mom-son date!

Last Friday, Michael and I climbed Squaw Peak, the dinstinctively-shaped pointed mountain peak that's behind the Provo Temple. As Jess would say: It. Was. Incredible.!!

That pointed, jagged peak behind Mike in this pic? Yep. We climbed that. I already said it was incredible, but did I say it was an awesome, perfect day?

We made it from the trailhead to the very top in a little under two hours. Two hours of arduous, every-inch-of-us-drenched-in-sweat uphill working out. And the view from the top? Well, pictures can't show it accurately. Especially on a sunny day. Anyone who has climbed to the top of any peak can tell you that.
And I could never ask for a better climbing buddy. I love this kid (man!) more than words can ever say. I'm soooo grateful to have had this special day with him!

(Note: We had the summit to ourselves for about an hour. Then a couple of guys showed up who were right behind us when we started out, but who veered off the main trail and ended up finding another way that took way longer. We're glad they made it so they could take our picture!)
What a good-looking man! I wonder where he gets his good looks from? :-) His humility as well...

Mike and Corey are moving to California in another week...this was a once-in-a-lifetime experience, I have a feeling... I'll just savor it and pray I never forget anything about it! PERFECT DAY!!!

7 comments:

  1. Im so glad you came to Utah! Had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how much you love your kids as they grow up?? I love mine more and more each day and they are so wonderful to be around!! glad they are stuck with us for eternity. Mike looks awesome as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, you are ok. Well, more than ok, but just barely. We wish Corey could come with you, but we understand. If somehow it works out, we have room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man! This looks amazing! Thanks for posting pictures. I was planning on hiking Squaw Peak, but now I'm good. Gonna go have a donut instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! And even cooler that you got to do it with Mike! And you got to come and see me and Beau! Have I ever told you how much I appreciate you coming and seeing me every time you are in Utah? At least I think you come every time!?!? Well, I love it! And I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are awesome! Way to go! Very inspiring.

    Jamee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you ALL! Thanks for commenting and sharing our perfect day!

    ReplyDelete