Today is my parents' 60th wedding anniversary. SIXTY YEARS!! I know I speak for my siblings, kids, nieces, nephews, grandkids, great nieces, great nephews, and the many friends of our family when I express my gratitude to God for letting us witness this special event with both of my parents alive and well and together.I love them both so much. And this past year has been very special because we've been blessed by them in a unique way that none of us ever expected. They let us LIVE with them! They opened their home and their arms to Danny and me when we had nowhere else to go during our time of need. I can't begin to express our gratitude, and not once have we heard them complain about our home invasion, which I know disrupted their quiet lives immensely.
I think my mom is beautiful. She's beautiful inside AND outside, and her selflessness and unconditional love exceed understanding. She taught us to treat others with kindness, love and pies. :-) (GREAT pies!!) Whenever neighbors and friends are grieving, she's there with a pie and a hug. She serves others so beautifully-- it comes naturally to her. She has more friends than anyone I know. And she's a friend to us. She has always listened to us and encouraged us and accepted us for who we are. I am so lucky to have her as my mother!
And my dad is such a good man. He taught us honesty, integrity, humor and such gifts as a lifelong love of nature, music and a myriad of other precious gems that all of his kids carry on with our own families. His photographs are a visual portrayal of his great legacy. He's taught us SO much! He loves God and he serves Him well. When we are in crisis, he's the one who listens and takes care of us... still, even as adults!
When Jessie and her THREE kids visited for six weeks over the holiday season (when she bought tickets long before that trip, we assumed we'd be living in Colorado Springs by then, where a promising job offer awaited Danny... we thought...), my patient parents showed continual love toward all of us even though their lives were interrupted, their carpets were spilled upon, their coffee table items received daily wollups from a teetering almost-one year old, their kitchen floor had soggy food bits under the highchair, and ... well, the list could go on for months. You get the picture. All of this upheaval in their home, and yet they daily showed love and laughter and hugs to all of us. It was a memorable holiday season... one that we'll always cherish.
(This pic was for Michael right before he left for his mission...
we stole his camera and helped ourselves, creating this masterpiece for him...
I laugh every time I see it...
What a great portrayal of my parents' sense of humor!)
I love my parents!
Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad! You are amazing and I'm so glad you found each other and SO glad you are both here to celebrate!


What a sweet tribute to your parents! I love them too!
ReplyDeleteEvery time I eat Claeys Candy....I tell everybody that I know the owners because that is what your dad told me once!
Jamee
xoxo
That's awesome, Jamee! :-)
ReplyDelete