Michael asked the other day about our little Value Place hotel room, so I thought I'd take a few pics of what has become 'home' for us and give you a tour. By the time we close on our house (April 4th), this little room will have been our home for 3 months together and 4 months for Danny. Wow.
But we've had VERY cold winter weather much of the time since coming to Omaha, so we are VERY grateful for this little room. It's clean, it's keeping us warm and safe, and it's helping us realize that we don't need all of the luxuries and extras that most of us often think are necessities. Countless others throughout history have had it much, much, MUCH worse!! We don't dare complain!
Taken last night. COLD night...I was glad to take the pic and get inside!
Want a tour of Rm 331? This is our view from the door. We have a kitchenette, bathroom, double-sized bed, storage nooks under the bed, little table and two chairs, dresser, TV, and "closet". We have several bins, boxes and bags, so almost every inch of the room is filled with our stuff. The double bed has made us appreciate our queen-sized bed-- can't wait to have a little more elbow room so my hourly hot flashes won't wake Danny up anymore! :-)
The view from the end of our bed. The tiny kitchen has two burners (no oven), microwave, apt-size frig, and enough cupboard/shelf space for our needs. Our electric skillet Christmas gift from Mom and Dad has been indispensible, and our Christmas mugs and Danny's Language Service Corps mug serve well as our glassware. We bought a crockpot, two pans, and Dollar Tree silverware, plates and bowls for two. Plus a couple of bigger bowls for necessities like salads and yummy mixed fruits, so we are in good shape here!
What a fun house tour! I feel like I just visited you guys...my dad needs a few extras like a crock pot and electric skillet too!!
ReplyDeleteJamee
xoxo
Wow. A sink and burners and big fridge. You have it easy. I dream of having a toilet. I have to hang out the window. I was on the third floor but fell to the ground when I was hanging my bum out the window. I had them move me to the second floor so it wouldn't hurt so bad when I fell again. I've been here a month and I'm sick and tired of it.
ReplyDeleteBB, I know. Our room is AWESOME! Although I DO wish we could be in the same hotel as you are (that would be better than chocolate even), I'm really glad we aren't in the room directly below you if you have to hang out the window to do your thing. Those poor people below you will need therapy for years...
ReplyDeleteWe are praying that you and Cindy get your house sold SOOOOOON so you can be together again and so you can get out of your hotel room!
Brian, you need a ValuePlace room. Cheap, very clean AND a sink, burners, frig, AND toilet! And a TV with a REMOTE!! Life doesn't get better than this, baby... :-)
ReplyDelete