Saturday, February 19, 2011

Michael and Corey





When I think of Michael Boyd, I can't help but smile. I love that guy so much. He's brought more joy and laughter and craziness to our home than I could ever express in mere words. Those of you who know him understand what I mean. From the time he was a little kid, he's always been mindful of and kind to others, and he's always reached out to those less fortunate than him. He gets along with everyone he meets, and all creatures, human and otherwise, love him.

Mike served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Denmark from 2006 to 2008. On the first day of his mission, at the Missionary Training Center (MTC) in Provo, Utah, he met Sister Corey Hansen, and they became the best of friends from that day forward.  After their missions, they met again and fell in love, realizing that they wanted and needed to be together for all eternity.




So in May 2009, Danny came home from his second military deployment in Iraq on leave, and he and I drove with Jessie's family to San Diego to witness Michael and Corey's temple wedding. It was awesome! (and traveling in a rented minivan with Mike, Jess and kids on the way and Jess and kids on the way back was SOOOO fun!)

Corey was a beautiful bride and Michael was a very handsome groom, and they glowed with the happiness they shared on that great day. 



Beautiful newlyweds on their wedding day











I sigh with joy when I look at this one... what a day!







We are so grateful to Corey's parents (and siblings!) for raising such a wonderful, beautiful daughter. She's blessed Mike's life and she blesses ours. 




4 comments:

  1. Oh! I remember Mike growing up so well...thanks for the wonderful flashbacks! I remember meeting Corey for the first time and feeling so happy for the both of them. Corey is beautiful. I love their story and they are perfect together.

    I'm emailing you a couple wedding pictures. Their wedding was so beautiful that you have to post them!!

    Jamee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still bummed I missed out on the wedding, but looking forward to seeing more pics! Corey is so pretty and I still can't get over how handsome Mike is! Not that he shouldn't be...with such great looking parents he can't help but be a stud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stevie, I wish you could have been there too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey thanks mom, that was a great post! very nice =)

    ReplyDelete