I was on the phone with him right after he left the housing development to head back to work, and I asked if he had time to look at a couple of houses in a different newly developed subdivision closer to Offutt AFB (I had a current list of new homes available from Celebrity Homes, but I'm in Colorado). He did visit that subdivision and saw the houses I had on the list, and when he saw this particular one, he told me he really liked it and felt drawn to it. He took a picture for me, and we both studied the floor plan and other particulars and tried to remember what this style model home looked like inside by watching the virtual tour (see link), and I extended my fast to get some spiritual guidance.

Well, we bought that home today. It's been quite a day, with a LOT of email communication back and forth between our Celebrity Homes rep (who we worked with last summer and reconnected with this winter) and Danny and me. We'd already previously completed two estimate worksheets with her, listing the options we'd like to have and determining total cost of a few homes along with mortgage payments, taxes, insurance, closing costs, etc. By 5:30pm, Danny had brought her the earnest money we needed and then signed the initial paperwork stating that this was now officially off the market and promised to us!
We both feel REALLY good about making this house our new home. We've looked at maybe 25 or 30 existing homes and model homes, and none of them felt exactly right like this one does. Next week we'll pick out wood flooring, carpeting + pad, ceramic tile, paint color, backsplash tile, granite or quartz countertops, vanity tops, etc. What fun! We've never done this before... and it'll be SOOO nice to have our own home again after a YEAR of being displaced!
We know the Lord's hand was in this process. We felt Him especially close to us yesterday and today while finding and considering this home, and my temple visit this evening confirmed it. I'm grateful for the Spirit of God which directs us in all things!
I am so happy for you guys! I love/hate the home buying experience. The love part is the confirmation from the spirit that this will be the place that you will make a home.
ReplyDeleteJamee
xoxo
YIPPEE!! we are so excited for you!! we want to come visit !! I miss being in your home!
ReplyDeleteOh my, it looks beautiful on the outside! I'm sure you will have a blast making decisions on the interior. I'm glad you had confirmation from the spirit. It makes decision making so much easier! And you reminded me of something I should fast for today --while my parents are searching for a home in Elko! Love you!
ReplyDeleteI wish your parents success as they search for their new home, Lon! We sure will miss visiting your beautiful, inviting home in Tennessee, but I look so forward to seeing their new Elko house. :-) I love you too! And YOU, Cindy!!
ReplyDeleteNow it's a few days after my very fun trip to the tile store to make selections-- Danny was in Phoenix, so he didn't get to help. That would have been even more fun to have him there with me!
ReplyDeleteBut I have to report that we learned that we DON'T get to have the house painted in the colors we would like. That's not included at this stage, dang it. So the walls will be "Realty White" until we can afford the time and money needed to paint. This year? Next? Who knows! (I'm not complaining! Even without the 'free' paint job, this is still SO MUCH FUN!!)
Isn't home selling, buying, and owning stressful? I'm glad you guys have bought. Is it going to be ok with his job situation? I like the house, but not the snow in the yard. See if the seller will remove it for you and keep it gone. And don't ask me about it. I have no power.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea, BB-- only there's no 'seller' except for the homebuilders, and if we requested snow removal, you know they'd have to add another $20K to the price. Nah... we'll buy a shovel and think of it as saving $19,990. :-)
ReplyDelete